Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Happy 3rd Birthday, Sofia!







These past three years have flown by so quickly...apart from the first 7 1/2 weeks! I still remember my pregnancy and Sofia's hospital stay like it was yesterday. That was the hardest time of my life, but also the happiest time of my life, especially her Birthday! She has changed so much and is so big! She is potty trained, in ballet school and is extremely excited about going to Disney World! For her birthday we are having a Neverland themed party at our house. It was supposed to be outside, but the wonderful Texas weather had other plans for us! So, since it is very muddy we have moved the party indoors, canceled the bouncy castle and figured out some games to keep the kids entertained inside. Sofia is just so excited that she gets to dress up in her Tinkerbell costume that she wore for Halloween again! We have asked the kids to come dressed in the Pixie and Pirate best, so I can't wait to see them all dressed up!

I need to figure out how to add videos cause I have some really funny ones of Sofie! She knows that she is a very special girl. She lifts her shirt or dress and rubs her scar and asks me what it is. I have always just told her that that is where she is special. So, the other day she asked me and I said that is where you had an ouchy...well she got so upset and told me no it wasn't an ouchy that that was her special! She also knows where her central line scar is and we talk about that one because her Grandfather has one and we didn't want her to be scared of it so she knows that her and Grandpa are special.

She is very loving and always tells me she loves me, but she doesn't say I love you, it's always, "I love you , too!" It's so funny cause she will just say it out of nowhere! The best thing she has ever said to me though was just a few weeks ago and she came home from the weekend with her dad and she gave me a hug and kiss and said, "Mommy, you're my happy." I just about cried!

I hope you enjoy the recent pics of Sofie, the soccer one is being published in something that is handed out at the games in Liverpool, England with a special Birthday wish for Sofie and the other is one of the ones that I took to put on her invitations. The last three are of Nana (my mom), Sofie and I last Saturday at Rainforest Cafe celebrating Nana's Birthday! We were in a silly mood!

I will update soon and post some pics from the party tomorrow. I hope everyone is well. God Bless

Happy Birthday my sweet Sofia! I love you baby girl.

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Oh my gosh she is so big! Happy Birthday Sofia!!!

Anonymous said...

She's grown soooo much!!! Happy birthday to beautiful big girl Sofia!!! Miss you both and love you tons!

Love Lauren

Elizabeth said...

She has gotten so big - and what is with these CDH babies sticking out their tongues? Of course, it looks like Mom is encouraging her!