Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Friday, March 28, 2008

Prayers Needed, Please!

Tomorrow, my mom, Sofia and I will be driving up to Kansas City to a cousin of mine who is in an ICU there. Danny is 17 and was in car accident today along with 2 of his friends. One of them was killed instantly and the other was also taken to the hospital. Danny had to be airlifted to a hospital in Kansas City where he is now in critical condition. The doctor said that he has a lot of facial fractures, especially around the sinus area and that there is a lot of irritation on the brain. The Nuerosurgeon said that there is a lot of blood around his brain. He is un-responsive when the docs ask him to do things, and is having a lot of seizures.

I have know idea how long we will be there, so I wanted to give you all a quick update.

Sofia is getting so big as I am sure you can tell from the photo with the Easter Bunny. She is very bossy, already, and knows how to ignore me! Her hair still isn't very long, but long enough that I am able to do different things to it. Right now she has a sinus infection and is on antibiotics, but that is all! Thankfully! I have so many pics I want and need to add and I promise I will get to them before her birthday. Wow, I can't believe she is going to be 2 already! It is happening way too fast!

I want to say Congratulations to our friends in Turkey who gave birth to a beautiful baby girl on March 24! I bet Mert is a very proud big brother celebrating his new little sister in Heaven. Congratulations Akar Family!

Also, please keep Lauren, Avery's mommy, in your prayers. She had surgery yesterday and is now home recovering. Please pray that her test results from her surgery come back with good results. Visit Lauren's blog to find out more.

I also want to wish a very belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Drew, Jackson and Avery! I am so sorry that I have been so bad at blogging lately and that I missed your birthdays. I promise I didn't forget about them, I just didn't blog. You all are always on my mind. God bless you sweet Angels. And Jackson, we can't wait to see you again, you have gotten so big!

So, Monday March 31st is Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia Awareness Day and a couple of weeks ago I received a Proclamation from Texas Governor Rick Perry. It is beautiful! I was so afraid that we wouldn't receive one before March 31st. But, we did! YEAH! So, wear your turqoise on Monday in support of CDH Awareness! I will post pictures of the Proclamation and other pics, soon.

Okay, I am off to bed. I have a long day ahead of me tomorrow. I am going to work since there isn't anyone to cover me and then we are leaving right after I get off. The trip should take us about 12 o 14 hours, I hope. Please keep Danny and his friends and their families in your prayers. God Bless

Love, Catherine

P.S. For those of you in the Kansas City Area who are available, Sofia and I would love to meet you as long as Danny is doing well. Call me at 210-364-3307.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Catherine! I found your blog finally! Sofia is getting so big!

I am so sorry to hear of more needed prayers - but we are praying hard for a full and quick recovery for Danny.

Take care!

Anonymous said...

Catherine, we are praying Danny.
And we kiss Sofia, especially our princess Melis Merve says hello to all your family :)

LaurenZiebart said...

Oh gosh, Catherine! I'll be keeping all of you in my prayers. I am so sorry to hear about such a devasting accident. Please let us know how he is recovering.

Sofia is sooo big! That was the first thing I saw...such a cutie and with such a personality. She'll always be that tough little fighter she was in the NICU.

Glad to see you updated and I wish you ALL the best. My CDH tshirt came in the mail on March 31st - just in time!

Love Lauren