Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Sofie's Steps

SOFIA TOOK 3 STEPS!

Today Sofia's Therapist came out for her bi-weekly visit and she was working a lot with Sofia on standing. Which she stood for the first time witout assistance last Monday, April 23! So, she was working with Sofia and said she thought she would deffinately be walking in the next 3 weeks. So, tonight my Mom came home from work and was playing with Sofie. I told her that she stood a lot for Michelle and I was surprised cause she is pretty lazy with me. I try all day to get her to stand and she gets so mad. So, my Mom decides to try and get her to stand. She stood her up and Sofia started giggling and stood for a while. My Mom called me out of the kitchen and I cheered Sofia on and she turned and took a few steps towards me and fell. It was so cute! She seemed so happy, but I don't think she knew what was going on. Both my Mom and I started crying! We have some concerns with her left leg, but the therapist wants to wait and see what she does with it when she is walking on her own. She turns it in when she is walking with her toys or holding our hand, and she drags it some, too. Hopefully it will correct itself, but she told us that PT can get her a brace to help straighten it out. When she stands it is fine and doesn't turn in, so we will just have to wait and see.

I still have so much to update on, but I will post it soon, I promise! I also have a ton of pictures I want to share with you.

Please continue to pray for all CDH babies, we had 2 born yesterday that really need your prayers. Also, if you haven't donated to our Walk America for the March of Dimes fund please do so. Every penny counts!

God Bless

Love, Catherine

No comments: